In the fall of 1950, E.H. (Dan) Daniels and Fred Zrmack left their jobs designing auto showrooms for the Kaiser Motor Company and teamed up to design a number of remodeled and new banking facilities.
In 1953, S. H. (Steve) Daniels joined the team, and the three of them incorporated Daniels and Zermack Associates, Inc. (Note: Although there is no 'e' in Fred Zrmack's surname, he thought that adding it to the company's name would make it easier for people to pronounce.)
Since that time, other principal architects of the firm have been Robert P. C. Wu, William L. James, Howard Kuhl, Jr., Stepen Daniels, and Wayde C. Hoppe.
From our beginnings in architecture, the Daniels and Zermack team's capabilities soon expanded to include interior design. Our services in this specialized field range from designing successful, pleasing interior environments to specifying, purchasing, and installing furnishings to make the designs functional.
We can fully integrate interior design with our architectural work, or design interiors for existing buildings or facilities designed and built by others.
In recent years, our firm's services have expanded further to include planning studies, custom cabinetry and furniture design, coordination of equipment, and landscape planning and design.
In 2013 the firm’s name was changed to Daniels and Zermack Architects, LLC. In 2014 our expertise was expanded to the Library Market with the additions of Seth Penchansky, AIA and Daniel E. Whisler, AIA as Principals.